2.4 GHz WiFi Query

Dear Team,

We Purchased 3 boards from the dragino in which 1 board have something ethernet related issue so we removed the ethernet PHY ic and then power up board again.
As per the below log images, I found that 2.4GHz wifi has some issues and not able to detect it properly but PCI modules are working but we are not getting any radio power on 5Ghz module when we measured using spectrum.
Query:

1. does any operation of 5GHz modules depends on 2.4Ghz?
  2. is there any way where I can test the 5 GHz module separately? and confirm the modules are working correctly?

Dear Team,
it will be a great support to me if anyone can give me any clue or guidance regrading to the above issue.

Thanks in advance.

Does any operation of 5GHz modules depends on 2.4Ghz?

As far as I know the 5ghz modules does not depend on the 2.4ghz module in any way

Is there any way where I can test the 5 GHz module separately? and confirm the modules are working correctly?

The 5ghz module can be plugged in another librerouter. All the 5ghz module config is stored in the eeprom that is inside the module itself. Also you can connect the 5ghz module to a computer directly (it should work).

This is the first librerouter that I see that has issue with the 2.4ghz module. Can you try with other release of LibreRouterOs the 1.3 or the 1.4?

Dear SAN,

Thanks for your replay.

We checked 1.3 release version on both board so one board is working fine and other have issued so as per our analysis board has hardware issue with 2.4Ghz.

We checked also with 1.4 release image but still issue is coming.

Note: same issue we faced in one of our fabricated boards.

As per my observation libre mesh and routing application depends on the wlan0, wlan1, and wlan2 in correct order. when the 2.4 GHz module does not detect then the 1st 5Ghz module detects as wlan0 and the 2nd module detects as wlan1 so I think all applications meshed up and did not found the correct behavior of 5Ghz also.

just correct me if I am wrong so I can clear my doubts.

Thanks & Best
Nikunj Patel

Yes the default behaviour of LibreRouterOs is to have a fixed setup of the radios so if one is missing then problem arises.
To resetup the radio config run

$ rm /etc/config/wireless
$ wifi config
$ lime-config
$ reboot